Today, we mailed a care package to Silas in China. In addition to the items shown above, we are sending some milk formula through a wonderful organization called Blessed Kids. The formula and the cleft nursers we sent are for the orphanage, and the rest of the stuff (blanket, outfit, stuffed lamb, and photo book) is for Silas. We also included a disposable camera in the hopes that the orphanage would take some pictures of Silas and his nannies and friends for his life book. Blessed Kids translates our cover letter to the orphanage, as well as a list of 12 questions about Silas for the nannies to answer, and sends them with our personal items and the formula. Hopefully, we'll get answers to the questions a few weeks after they get the package.
For shipping, we had to get our package to Blessed Kids address in China where they will assemble everything. So, I went to the post office to mail the box Priority International so I would have a means of tracking the package. Unfortuantely, the postal clerk lied to me, and told me there was no such thing as Priority International. He said I could only send it First Class International, and in no event could I get online tracking or delivery confirmation. I knew I had read online that Priority International was an option. I had even gotten a price! But the guy was adamant, and even had his co-worker back him up. As it turned out, the guy and his cohort were totally full of it. I later called the 1-800 number who confirmed as much. So of course, I called his supervisor. She was very apologetic and said she would speak to the clerk about it. Unfortunately, it was too late to pull my package and resend it. The truck had already left. So, with no way to track the package, and no idea how long it will take, we're just hoping Silas gets the package before we get there--if he gets it at all! If he doesn't, at least we thought to take a picture of what we sent! :-)


I'm sure the package will get there in a week or two. I also have a box started for the orphange with 15 more cleft bottles. I just need to add in pictures of Chloe for them. I'm hoping to get it shipped new week. I think I'll be sending mine first class too. Glad to hear things are moving along for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI hope you do get the package and the answers. They are like Christmas! If you don't hear anything, try Ladybugsnlove.com. They do questions and are great. Violet
ReplyDelete