4.05.2010
First Baby Shower--Surprise!!
Today, I was completely surprised when my team at work threw me a baby shower. It was such a surprise I almost didn't show up!! Seriously, I was late this morning waiting for the man who is baby-proofing our house, and was resigned to missing our weekly team meeting. About five minutes after the meeting was set to start, I got an email from one of my bosses asking if I was "around this morning." I told him I was running late, and that I was on my way in. He then asked if I could be in by 9:15 for an "important meeting." By then, I was already there. I walked into the office and my whole team was seated in the boardroom waiting for me with food, presents, cupcakes. I was mortified that I was late for my own party, but so grateful for such a sweet and thoughtful group of co-workers. We are humbled by the kindness and support we've been shown since we started this journey. The sheer number of people who have told us they are excited for us, and looking forward to meeting our son is overwhelming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


How fun. We had great co-workers, too. Sure makes it easier when you have to leave so quickly.
ReplyDeleteHey you guys need to bump up Silas picture -- I had to go to page 2 to see his sweet face! LOL How old will he be on your family day?
Violet
You're right, Violet. "Nobody puts Silas in a corner!" Re-post coming up!! He will be about 5 days shy of 15 months on our family day. Did I mention that we're excited? We spent tonight watching Gotcha Day videos on YouTube, and went through half a box of Kleenex! We just can't wait for ours!
ReplyDelete