Silas went to the ENT for another round of audiology testing today. Unfortunately, the tests were inconclusive, and he is going to have to go through a sedated brainstem test to determine with certainty the extent of any hearing loss he may have. Based on the results of the tests thus far, the doctor suspects that Silas might have some nerve deafness in his left ear. While the right ear appears to be closer to normal. The doctor told us that any hearing loss Silas has will probably be minor, but he may need a hearing aid to assist with learning and communication. He'll undergo the procedure on December 9. Since he'll already be under anesthesia for the test, the ENT doc decided to also replace Silas' ear tubes (again). This time he will use "permanent" tubes, which will not fall out on their own.
Other than that, Silas is continuing to do well. We had a couple of great nights this week where Silas slept past 6:30 a.m. Let's hope that keeps up!
Here are a couple of new photos from Silas' daycare teachers. Love that they do this for us.
Silas is such a trooper. I know he will do fine with his procedures and I will keep him in my prayers...I love all the pictures, he is a handsome guy!! I love you, Silas.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Rosalie