12.31.2010

A Year Ago Today...

On December 31, 2009, as the blue moon rose in the sky, Brian and I made the fateful decision to convert our adoption petition, which had then been pending almost 3 years, to a special needs petition.  Less than a week later, we found our son.  Four months later, he was in our arms for good.  It's truly amazing how much that one decision changed our lives for the better.  I get very emotional when I think that we could have very easily made a different decision, and never met our boy.  I can't imagine not knowing him and loving him and being his mom.  It truly feels like he was always meant to be ours.  Well, as the moon rises tonight, we will raise a glass and be very thankful for the inspiration that brought us here, for the friends and family who encouraged us along the way, and for the little boy who has rocked our worlds and made our family complete.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to all of you!!! It's been such a joy following this blog! May 2011 be all that you dream and more!

    Love,
    Aunt Sue & Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said :) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete