2.16.2010

Home Study Redux

Last Friday, in the midst of the floor project, I got an email from our agency telling us that they wanted more changes to our already final home study update.  This was not good news.  Thankfully, our social worker has been willing to drop everything for us.  She was in court all day Friday, and leaving for a week-long vacation on Saturday, but she managed to make all the requested revisions, got the update re-finalized, printed, signed, notarized, and mailed to us by the end of the day Friday.  We received the originals in the mail today, and had the couriered to our agency for delivery tomorrow.  Hopefully, USCIS will have them by Monday, and can start working on our immigration approval in earnest then.   

Also in the mail today was a very thick package from our agency.  I had thought our paperchasing days were behind us.  Boy, was I ever wrong.  The package contained at least 50 other documents to be read, signed, and delivered at various stages over the coming months.  It's truly daunting to try and get through it all, and I deal with that kind of stuff for a living!  If people had to do this much paperwork to have biological children, it would be a very different world, I think.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment