4.26.2010

Introducing Silas James Dixon!!

Here he is!  Our little man.  We met at about 2:40 p.m. on Monday, April 26, 2010.  The meeting couldn't have gone better.  There was a little bit of crying when the orphanage director handed him to me, but the tears quickly dried thanks to a Cheerio bribe.  He is taking it all in.  Getting to know us.  But, he's doing amazingly well.  He loves to eat, loves riding in the stroller, gets a little bit fussy when he's tired, and sleeps like a log!  Did I mention we are completely in love?

Here are some pictures of today.  I'm sorry they aren't better.  The camera came in second today.  So, most of these photos came from the video camera.  But we will get better with time, I'm sure.

Silas arrives at the Civil Affairs Office in Nanjing.

Silas with Coco, the orphanage director.

Ba-Ba meets WenChun!


Hello, gorgeous!


Nothing better than a baby laugh!  He was a riot tonight!

So handsome.

Flirting.  Such a sweetie pie he is.

After bath and a long, crazy day, Silas and Ba-Ba are ready for bed.

Big day tomorrow!  We go back to the Civil Affairs office to sign some more paperwork, and then it's off to Silas' orphanage to visit the nannies and some of the children.  I've had three adoptive parents ask me if we can get some updates for them, so that will be on my priority list.  I was so grateful when Sherri did that for us, so it's a pleasure to be able to pay it forward.

11 comments:

  1. He is just gorgeous and looks so happy. I could not be more excited for all of you. I've looked at the pictures three times already! Can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is soooooo adorable. That picture that says so handsome is just perfection. Glad things are going to well. I hope you both get some rest, at least a little under the circumstances. He looks to be adjusting quite well. Daddy looks pretty content.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's is such an adorable boy and he looks like he has the personality to match. My goodness, flirting already? You guys are in trouble! :) Keep up the posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!

    He is such a handsome little man. Glad to hear things are going so well. And so glad you finally posted some photos of Silas. We have been checking your blog all the time.

    Have fun!

    Kevin, Violet and Jake

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure who is smiling the biggest...Brian or Silas! We're so happy for y'all and can't wait to meet your little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Brian & Jen,
    We couldn't be more happy for you. He looks adorable, and we can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that smile! Of course, he's adorable and you two look like pros already! This is soooo awesome! We're thrilled that Gotcha Day went well!

    Love T 'n A

    ReplyDelete
  8. MY GOLLY ! HE'S SO CUTE!!! How lucky for you & how lucky for him that you "found" each other. The picture where "Ba-Ba meets Wenchun" made me cry. Brian looks like he is thinking "I've loved you for so long & now you are really my son!" Congrats! Mrs. Lesnock

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh....so cute!!!!!!!! We are very happy for you!
    Andrea, John, Natalie and Kylie (waiting in Nanjing)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a journey but how sweet the reward! We can't wait to meet the little guy. Have a safe trip home. Brian, you take the camera and post some pictures of Mom and Silas! Love...Your brother Mike and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Silas!! Welcome to the family! You're such a cutie and we can't wait to meet you in person!
    Congratulations all around!!
    Love,
    (Aunt) Sue & (Uncle) Mike

    ReplyDelete