4.19.2010
One Week Until "Family Day!"
Next week at this time, we will be united with Silas. In the adoption community, the day adoptive parents first meet their children is called "Gotcha Day." I have to admit, I don't really love the connotation of that term. I think it implies that we're snatching our boy away with a "gotcha!" Some people have co-opted the term "Metcha Day," which is a bit softer, I admit. But, I think we'll be referring to the day we first meet Silas as "Family Day." Our Family Day is currently scheduled for Monday, April 26, the day after we arrive in Nanjing. However, depending on the staffing at his orphanage, we could see him as early as Sunday night. That would be amazing, but we're preparing ourselves for a Monday Family Day, just so we're not disappointed. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Monday would be great, but Sunday would be even better!
ReplyDeleteEither way, it's not going to be much longer.