2.11.2010

Some Friendly Advice

Okay, here's some friendly advice for you all.  Never, ever build a house with ceramic tile floors thinking that "some day" you'll put in wood.  You cannot even imagine the horror that is tearing up a ceramic tile floor.  As I sit in my closed up office/bedroom (supervising the workers while they are here) I am quickly being covered in a thin film of gray dust that is covering my computer keys as I type.  I thought we were prepared for this.  I had no idea.  Last weekend, we covered everything with plastic drop cloths, taped plastic over the windows, closed off rooms to the house that weren't supposed to be affected.  To no avail.  Here's what our house looks like presently:

Those white drop cloths?  Yeah, they used to be clear.  This last shot is the dresser in our bedroom.  They aren't doing any work in here at all, and the room in front of it was carpet, but the dust traveled all the way to the back of the house, through the crack under the door and the A/C vents to leave this lovely little film of dust.  I'm very glad we decided to vacate for this project.  And I sure hope the rumor about our home builder using lead tiles from China was false.  Ugh....

1 comment:

  1. Oy vey! What a mess! However, it will be totally worth it in the end. I can picture Silas running (possibly after Josie) across the new floors!
    Luv, TLC

    ReplyDelete