On Silas first day home, he was introduced to our pets, our 15 year-old cat, Mallory, and 1 year-old schnoodle, Josie. Silas was terrified of Mallory. She walked up to him, and as soon as she got close enough, he squealed in fear. Since then, Silas has really warmed up to Mallory. Today, he sought her out just to give her a nice pat. The cat was great with him. Very patient. I think she's just happy she has someone else to scratch her behind the ears. Later that morning, we brought Josie home from the boarding place. We were expecting a far more intense reaction from Silas since Josie can be a little exuberant. Surprisingly, Silas was not afraid of Josie at all. He was appropriately cautious when Josie got right in his face and tried to smell him, but no negative reaction from either of them. I suspect that Silas was a little more prepared to meet Josie, since we included pictures of her in the photo album we sent to the orphanage. We could definitely tell that the nannies had shown the photos to him and explained who we were on more than one occasion.
Today, I was able to get a little snippet of Silas and Josie playing. They did this for a good part of the afternoon. They also invented a game similar to "tag." Silas crawls over to Josie and reaches out to touch her, and Josie runs away and laps the kitchen and living room. They do it over and over again. I love it that Silas barks back at Josie. They are on their way to becoming the best of friends. Click the link for video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq5enfdoKl0
5.11.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love it! And so does Ryan. We've watched it several times.
ReplyDeleteSilas couldn't be any cuter!!! Thanks for letting us see him "live"! :) Very fun that he has a little playmate... I'm sure there will be many fun memories ahead. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteThe Hume Family
Aaron and I are laughing out loud! What a cute pair they make!
ReplyDelete