5.19.2010

Feeling Better

After a couple of days on antibiotics, Silas is definitely feeling better.   He only woke once last night, and slept until almost 7:00 a.m.!  That's a big improvement over the hourly wake-up calls we were getting when his ears hurt.  His appetite has improved significantly as well.

Today, we spent a lot of the day running errands after Silas went to the lab to get his blood drawn.  I had a lot of anxiety over how the lab was going to accomplish this.  The tests the doctor ordered required them to get five vials of blood!  It's not like there are veins bulging from Silas' chubby little arm.  I had no idea how they were going to do it.  But, my worries were unfounded.  The phlebotomist used a butterfly needle and quickly found a vein.  Silas screamed bloody murder, but he was a trooper.  And once it was done, he was back to his smiley self.  I shudder to think of everything he went through before he came to us.  It must have been traumatic for him.  Hopefully, he's done being poked and prodded for a while.

Silas' grandpa is coming to visit him tomorrow!  We're very excited for them to meet.  I'm sure there will be lots of photos to come.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Silas is just beautiful! Congrats on making it home and recovering so well.
    Heather (FL), mommy to Chase, Julia & Drew

    ReplyDelete