Four months ago, we met our little boy for the first time. He won our hearts immediately. At 14 months old, he couldn't walk, couldn't roll himself over, couldn't feed himself, and couldn't understand a word we said. In four short months, its safe to say he has surpassed all our expectations. His height and weight are now on the American growth charts. He not only walks, he runs and dances. He uses a spoon to feed himself, drinks from a straw, and understands us perfectly. Well, when he wants to anyway. Like most 18 month olds, Silas has perfected the art of selective hearing. But, in general, he's a really well behaved kid. Today, he was commended by his teachers for his excellent manners. Apparently, when he gets up from the table, he always pushes in his chair. As much as I'd like to take the credit for that little skill, I did not teach him that. Neither did his dad. I'm guessing it's something he learned from his prior daycare. Nevertheless, I'm glad he's being made an example of good behavior at his new school. He loves to feel proud of himself.
This is a picture from our recent trip to the Science Center. We had a great time! There are tons of things for little kids to do and explore. We also have a video of Silas from the Science Center where he demonstrates some pretty remarkable coordination. When Brian and I tried to walk across those spinning platforms, let's just say we didn't look quite so graceful. Science Center Video
Lastly, there's a video of Silas getting ready for some dancing. Whenever we ask him to dance, he walks over to the refrigerator where his Elmo cooking toy lives. He presses it until he gets a song, and starts dancing away. Check it out! Dance Video
8.26.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment